This is not an anti-rail website.
I am not against the rail. I am for the rail. I voted for the rail but much later realized that I voted based on false information. This website is to get the facts out there and to share thoughts about the project.
FALSE RAIL INFORMATION
- The rail project would cost $5.29 billion (and no mention of GET funding)
- The rail project would go 20 miles to Ala Moana and have 21 rail stations at the original cost.
- The rail project would be built on time and on budget.
- The rail project would create 10,000 local jobs.
- The rail ridership numbers were grossly inflated.
Since the HART website does not have a lot of information, we were inclined to ask these questions:
- How much will the rail cost to get to Middle Street?
- How much will the rail cost to get to Ala Moana?
- When will the project be completed to Middle Street?